Eight Essential Apps for Working from Home
You have probably been working from home for some time now and you may be familiar with a number of apps to help you maximize your productivity. Many of us are familiar with how technology can help us get more done. Here is a list of work-from-home apps that you may find helpful tools to enhance your productivity and free up your time to do the other things that you really want to do.
1) TimeOut for Mac comes with two kinds of breaks: a “Normal” break, typically for 10 minutes every hour, so you can move about and relax, plus a “Micro” break: a very brief pause of typically 15 seconds every 15 minutes, so you can remember not to tense up too much for long periods. You can change, disable or remove either kind of break if desired, and add new kinds of breaks, e.g. fixed lunch or afternoon breaks. You can configure how long each kind of break lasts, and how long between breaks, and the breaks can be set to count backwards when you take a natural break, e.g. when you go away from your computer.
2) Smart Break for Windows is an intelligent mindfulness program that helps prevent eye strain and mental stress by reminding and enforcing you to take regular breaks. Unlike similar reminder tools which prompt you to take breaks at fixed intervals, SmartBreak actively analyses the way you spend time on your computer and then prompts you to rest at the appropriate time, overall reducing screen time for adults and kids alike.
3) RescueTime automatically tracks the time you spend on apps, websites, and even specific documents without timers or any manual entry. You’ll get detailed reports on exactly where your time goes and what’s getting in the way of your productivity. Discover the truth about your working habits, find time sinks, and set smart goals so you can track your progress as you become more productive and focused.
4) Todoist is a task management tool that promises to turn complex to-do lists into something easily manageable. Todoist helps give you the confidence that everything’s organized and accounted for, so you can make progress on the things that are important to you. Get a clear overview of everything on your plate and don’t lose track of an important task. Easily organize and prioritize your tasks and projects so you’ll always know exactly what to work on next. Small steps every day add up to big achievements over time. Set daily and weekly goals and visualize your productivity trends.
5) IFTTT stands for“if this, then that” and helps your apps and devices work together in new ways. IFTTT is the free way to get all your apps and devices talking to each other. Not everything on the internet plays nice, so the company is on a mission to build a more connected world.
6) LastPass is a free password manager and form-filler for people who are tired of trying to remember all those passwords. If you regularly move between multiple computers, devices, and operating systems, LastPass allows you to access any account credentials from a vault that saves your usernames and passwords. It will also store your digital records such as Insurance cards, memberships, and Wi-Fi passwords.
7) HelloSign is an eSignature solution built for business. HelloSign allows you to electronically request and add legally binding signatures to any document, from new hire agreements to loans, to NDAs. HelloSign is available in an intuitive web interface, a developer-friendly API, or as a Salesforce add-on.
8) MixMax is a marketing automation software that upgrades your Gmail and Google inbox with unlimited email tracking, instant scheduling, reminders, send later, mail merge, surveys, and polls. It also integrates with CRM software like Pipedrive, Salesforce, and Slack.
If you are already using some of these apps, let us know how they are working for you. Or if there other apps that you are successfully using that are not listed, let us know!
Source: Succeed As Your Own Boss, Top 15 Work from Home Apps to Increase Your Productivity, 13 Apr 2020
Also by Melissa:
CONNECT WITH US!
Let’s Keep In Touch
Enter your email to receive the latest stories from Grit and Soul.